Ok, so here is the recipe for the cranberry sauce I mentioned in yesterday’s post. It really was super easy to make and tastes divine!
- 400g fresh cranberries
- 1oog caster sugar
- 150ml fresh orange juice
- 20 – 50ml of gin ( add to taste)
- 1 clove
- ¼ – ½ nutmeg, grated very finely
- Put all the cranberries, juice, gin, sugar and spices in the pan.
- Stir well
- Leave to simmer for about 15 – 20 mins until the cranberries start to burst.
- Pop the lid on and simmer gently until the liquid has reduced, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and pour into sterilised jars.
- Leave the jars until they are completely cool before putting the lids on. The sauce will set, but not to a jelly like consistency. However I prefer it like this.
Store this in the fridge and it will last well ( if it’s not all polished off in the first day or two!). For eating with Christmas dinner, remove from the fridge and allow to come up to room temp before serving.
This is also gorgeous on goats cheese or brie paninis / ciabattas. Yum!!