Picture it – me, sitting at the kitchen table, head in hands. Material and thread everywhere. Not a stitch done – and I mean that literally. I could have cried.
There I am sat at the table all ready to go. I needed to fill the bobbin and it took ages – the bit the bobbin goes on whilst filling kept springing off and resulted in a mass of tangled thread being frustratedly pulled off by me! Then, afer several attempts I finally got it done – only to then for the bottom thread not to pick up!
Parts were taken off, out, removed, put back in. Several times! It was no use and eventually after wracking my brains for a way to get Harry and Rosie done I admitted defeat, packed everything away and headed for the shower.
I have to say, I felt better after a shower and came downstairs with a (sort of) plan. I appealed on facebook groups I am on. I advertised on gumtree and freecycle. I decided to call the lovely ladies at the fabric shop in the morning to see if they could point me in the direction of somewhere that had a machine I could hire.
So after dropping Big A at school I beat a hasty retreat to the house where I got straight on the phone. No luck.
So resigned to the fact that it would be a new machine that was needed I set about looking at what was on offer. This was going tobe an expensive week!
I knew I wasn’t going to get anything done on the H & R front, so decided the best plan of action was to make the cranberry sauce for Saturday! I will do a separate post in a bit with the recipe etc, but I can tell you that it’s gorgeous!
At lunchtime Mr A called – he was sure his Gran had a machine and he would give her a quick call to find out. Very nice of him, only i’s information I could have used at 9pm last night!!! Luckily Gran came to the rescue and Mr A is off to collect it tonight.
So, all going well I will be back tomorrow with Harry and possibly Rosie to show you!